North Texas Leadership Academy students participate in numerous off-campus learning experiences each year. These engaging educational outings allow students to apply the skills they are learning in the classroom in a real-world environment. Examples of these experiential learning opportunities are:
- Science exploration - Bob Jones Nature Center
- Environmental investigations - Connemara Conservancy
- Math discovery - U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Reading expedition – Texas Storytelling Festival
- Community awareness - Humane Society of North Texas
- Volunteerism - Tarrant County Food Bank
North Texas Leadership Academy is proud to connect with local artists, musicians, and community members to enrich the learning experiences of our students. We consider our visitors “VIP’s” because their passion for what they do helps create a rich cultural learning environment for our students. Many of these VIP’s donate their time at NTLA because they believe in our mission to prepare young leaders for a successful future through an innovative curriculum. Be sure to check back periodically as we add VIP’s to our calendar.